Monday, December 6, 2010

Accountability

Early December for me is like the calm before the storm. It's time to evaluate and set goals for the upcoming year, because if I don't set my focus now, the craziness of my day job will overwhelm me January through April 15th. I'll grab whatever writing time I can and when I look back it will be like I was on one of those supermarket game shows where people just reach for anything and everything they can get their hands on, only to realize they've missed the prize.

I have a goal of finishing a manuscript between now and April 15th. Which means I also have the goal to START said manuscript sometime between now and April 15.

Two of my writing groups, the LaLaLa Sisters and the GIAMx5, are great for keeping each other on track. We're supposed to post our goals for next year and break them down into manageable, bite-sized daily / weekly / monthly goals. This is what I need to make things happen.... I will admit to being that kid who waited until Sunday night to tackle Monday morning's Science Fair project.

What are your goals for 2011? How do you stay focused?

Happy Writing!
Ava

2 comments:

  1. My goal? I want to write a freakin' book and stop using my ONE story for everything I need. I'm going to do the Write The D@mn Manuscript challenge with FCRW this year. I WILL GET THIS CATS OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  2. THESE CATS. They've messed me up so much I can't even speak properly!!! *grin*

    -A

    ReplyDelete