Thursday, March 29, 2012

Moving On....

I did it.

I sent my last submission of Dark Water last night. I've entered the manuscript in contests, exchanged with critique partners, revised, revised, revised, and queried agents and editors. I've gotten great feedback, but where it counts, I've been told that it's just not quite right for the market. From this point on, it's all about new stuff.
Writing is kind of like being on one of those climbing walls. Sometimes it's tough to find the right hand-hold. Sometimes you have to sweat and struggle to just not fall off, even though every part of you is shaking with effort. But you always have to LET GO and reach for the next thing or you'll never get to the top.

I bought myself a new white board yesterday and wrote my goals so I could see it and ask myself, "What have you done TODAY to meet these goals?" 

Keep your eyes on the prize!

Happy writing,
Ava

2 comments:

  1. So well said! Thanks for this. I'm posting it to FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Ava! It's all about moving forward. I'm going to put a similar plan into practice.

    Good luck with the submission. I know I enjoyed what I read of Dark Water. I'm looking forward to seeing it in print! :)

    ReplyDelete